Security & Privacy
Your confidence in our website, your privacy and internet security is really important to us, so we've put together some advice to help keep you safe and in control when you shop online.
We do appreciate that remembering passwords can be tricky, but setting effective and secure passwords on all the sites you use is vital in combating possible fraudulent activity using your personal details.
- Avoid using the same password for each of your online accounts so that they can’t all be fraudulently accessed at once. Multiple passwords keep you safer
- Use a mix of numbers and characters, and something that's very personal to you
- Most sites set a minimum number of characters to use, but avoid using obvious phrases like “password”, or your name, or phone number
- Try to mix upper and lower case letters and numbers in your password
Cookies on your computer
Find out more about cookies here and why and how we use them, and how to manage them.
Your payment security
Laura Hammett Living maintains the highest levels of security. We take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
- Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions.
- You can tell whether a page is secure as a small locked padlock will appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
- Using an unsecured network in a public place can be risky as unauthorised people may try to intercept anything you're doing online
- Only connect to secure wireless networks that you trust